Firmware Update R012 Speedangle Apex Lap Timer
Important SpeedAngle Firmware Update – Current Firmware version is DASH_APEX, ENG.R012 – Released 9th April 2018
All Speedangle files are located in our Dropbox via the link below:
Below is a detailed instruction on the firmware update alert:
Firmware changes history:
Update Log Firmware ENGR012:
- ENGR012 fixes the freezing of lap timer after it tries to Auto Power Off after 60 minutes, users could no longer switch off unless plugged into USB and then remove timer which switched off device [FIXED].
- Added support for 30 min increments in some time zones that require it, this now allows users in South Australia and Northern Territory to set time zone at +9:30. [ADDED]
Update Log Firmware ENGR011:
- ENGR011 adds the Track List Feature, and also changes some of software logic that allows users to designate a track before/after track auto search. [ADDED]
Update Log Firmware ENG.010:
- The lap time in run time display is (0.1 sec * the amount of sector) shorter, but correct in review and downloaded logs. [FIXED]
- Start/Finish line not created when Auto-Set used in some cases. [FIXED]
Download SpeedAngle R4 Software and Firmware Update:
Please follow update procedure in www.speedangle.com/download, Firmware section or follow instructions below.
Download the latest firmware via the link below and upload it to your device.
1. Download Firmware
Please choose one to download according to your location:
APEX LAP TIMER ONLY
- DashApex ENG.R012.sadfu2 This update is strongly recommended for all users with firmware ENG.R007, ENG.R009, ENG.R010 & ENG.R011.
2. Connect Your Device
Launch SpeedAngle R4 Software, go to MENU -> TOOLS -> LOG DOWNLOADER.
Click on “CONNECT DEVICE”. Once your timer has been connected via USB, its firmware version will be shown at the bottom of the dialog window:
3. Upload Firmware
Click on “DEVICE FIRMWARE UPDATE” at the bottom. Read the warning message carefully, and then click OK.
Browse to find the latest firmware file you downloaded. The upload will take about 15 seconds. Once it is done, you will see “Firmware Update Success” beside the firmware version at the bottom of the dialog window. Your device will also reboot automatically when completed.
During the update process, DO NOT power the device off, disconnect the device from the computer, or do anything that may interrupt the process. Otherwise, the firmware may be incomplete and can be fixed only by sending the device back to our warehouse.
If the update fails you can just close window and reopen log downloader and reconnect timer and try the firmware update again.
4. Check Firmware on Device
To check if you device has been updated, simply close window and reopen and connect device. The firmware number ENG.R012 should be located just below Change User Name button. If it has DASH_APEX_ENG.R012 then your firmware upgrade has been applied.
5. Join our Facebook Community page.
Please join our SpeedAngle Community page on facebook to get lots of tips and updates on what SpeedAngle can do for you out on the track.
Feel Free to leave comments below about your experience with the information provided. We also offer support via TeamViewer remote desktop software.
6. Having trouble connecting to the computer.
No posts found