All Downloads are also available via http://www.speedangle.com/download please check this page on a regular basis for updates to software.
Manuals [English]Apex Model Quick Start Guide
GMOS JI100S User Manual ENG 0827-2015
SpeedAngle Track Manager User Manual ENG 0423 2013
SpeedAngle SAtoKML Converter User Manual ENG 0423 2013
SpeedAngle R4 Software [New Release] R007
SpeedAngle R4 is a simple yet powerful tool to analyze your ride. With G force color-coded on the trace and its unique graphs of speeds, lean angles, and longitudinal G’s, it provides visual clues to help relive your riding motions, find your riding style, and improve your cornering skill. Hold your mouse key and drag to define an area to create an Area Report. R4 has integrated the original Track Manager software with it. So you can managed track settings with R4. You can even edit a track setting directly on the trace!
Please download SpeedAngle R4.
SpeedAngle R4 Apex Software R4 Apex R007.zip [Updated 10/02/2018]
SpeedAngle R4 Software (No installation required. Unzip before use.)
Important Download GMOS JI100S Model Only ~> SpeedAngle R4 01.43 [Updated 15/02/17]
SpeedAngle R4 01.43.zip
- Click and hold on Map to drag the map.
- Hold right key and drag on trace to define an area for area report (which shows the time, distance hightest/lowest speed and more of every lap in the selected area).
- Right click on map to enter Track Editing mode. Then right click in Track Editing mode to open menu. You can add/remove a FL or sector and edit it directly on the trace by dragging/swivelling the line itself. Then you can save the edited track as a track file, and save the edited logs as new logs (in Dash).
- Scroll on map/graph to zoom in or out of the map/graph.
- Hold Left key and drag a trace graph to move it (and the bike marker) to sync with other traces.
- Hold left key on the top border of the graph and drag to extend its height.
- Click on the Dash lap time/sector time to switch between total and running lap time/sector time.
- Laptop Power Management: If you are downloading with your laptop, please make sure your battery management plan is set at HIGH PERFORMANCE. GMOS downloads at a speed 50 times higher than many UART devices to save download time. It requires the full capacity of the USB port. If your laptop is not set at high performance, you might encounter difficulty when downloading logs.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 and UP. You can go to Control Panel –> Uninstall a Program to check your .NET version. As long as your Windows is up-to-date, it will be fine.
- Mac Users: You can run R4 in virtual Windows environment on your Mac.
SpeedAngle R4 is an ongoing project. We will be adding more features to it periodically in the future. Please check back from time to time for the latest release.
Sample Real Data Log Files
0:04 Enter Track Manager, Manager overview
0:35 Line Editor overview
1:10 Load track files to Manager
1:35 Preview line contents
1:48 Upload tracks to device
2:11 Create a Finish Line from the start – Edit track name
2:32 Find coordinates with Google Earth
3:30 Adjust traveling direction
3:46 Repeat these steps to create sectors
6:54 Connect device and download tracks from device
7:06 Delete tracks from device
Important Download ~> FTDI USB Driver for Windows, setup executable
The setup executable version is the easiest way to install the USB driver. After download, simply double click on the file to start installation. If it does not install automatically, download one from below, and, after connecting GMOS to your computer, do as the “Found New Hardware” dialog instructs to install the driver.
System requirement: Windows XP Service Pack 3 and above.
Download the SpeedAngle SA to KML converter plus the motorcycle models, and replay your ride 3D on Google Earth!
System requirement: Windows XP Service Pack 3 and above.
To visit the original model on Google Sketchup 3D warehouse, click here.
Firmware Update [New Release] ENGR010 February 2018
1. Download Firmware
Please choose one to download according to your location:
- ENGR010 This update is strongly recommended for all users with firmware ENGR007 and also reccomended for users with ENGR009.
2. Connect Your Device
Launch SpeedAngle R4, go to MENU -> TOOLS -> LOG DOWNLOADER.
Click on “CONNECT DEVICE”. Once your timer has been connected, its firmware version will be shown at the bottom of the dialog window:
3. Upload Firmware
Click on “DEVICE FIRMWARE UPDATE” at the bottom. Read the warning message carefully, and then click OK.
Browse to find the firmware file you downloaded. The upload will take about 15 seconds. Once it is done, you will see “Firmware Update Success” beside the firmware version at the bottom of the dialog window.
During the update process, DO NOT power the device off, disconnect the device from the computer, or do anything that may interrupt the process. Otherwise, the firmware may be incomplete and can be fixed only by sending the device back to our warehouse.
To check if you device has been updated, simply close window and reopen and connect device. The firmware number R009 should be located just below Change User Name button. If it has DASH_APEX_ENG.R009 then your fimware upgrade has been applied.
Australian Tracks Download
Note: All these tracks are pre-loaded on Apex Lap Timer. JI100S Lap Timer may not include all tracks, view via track manager.
Below are a list of Track files for circuits in Australia. Download the ones you need and upload them to your GMOS before you go to the track via Track Manager. Most tracks listed below have 3 sectors placed at even points around the track. Winton track has only two sectors and Winton Short Track has one sector. Queensland Raceway has only two slits to allow viewing of lap times before turn 3.
Eastern Creek/Sydney Motorsport Park
Download all tracks [Aust_Tracks_all.zip] [Updated 26/10/2017]
Please Note that since there will be two settings listed for Winton in the search results now, please make sure to select the one that you would like to use. If no selection is made, the timer has no idea which one to use, it will set a new track automatically when the starting speed is reached. This is to make sure there will be lap time produced.